Being a tech startup founder must be challenging work. The ”to do” list would be a stretch. Product development. Customer acquisition. Raising cash. Book keeping. Acquiring talent. Building partnerships.
Budding techpreneurs tackle these challenges by seeking advice and guidance on how to grow a tech start up. Where and who do they turn to in their search for answers? Ask no more.
Intense Social Engineering is seeking to fill this gap by presenting a platform for tech startup founders and successful tech entrepreneurs to rub minds and network. The event, scheduled for June 1, 2018, at Four Points Sheraton, Victoria Island, Lagos, aims to teach young tech entrepreneurs how to be relevant and profitable, find capacity building opportunities and leverage the experience of successful tech entrepreneurs.
The organizers have lined up some of the prime, up and coming players in the nation’s techno-venture landscape to speak at the event. A sampler:
* Leke Makanjuola, founder of Intense. A digital marketer, Leye has consulted for brands like Leadway Assurance, CHI and Total Nigeria. Leveraging his stint at Pan African University, Leye received the YTECH 100 award for his contribution to the Nigerian technology space in 2015. He is Founder and Chief Marketing Officer of Intense, a digital marketing agency in Lagos.
* Ayo Akinola, co-founder, PiggyBank. Ayo trained in Computer Science at Covenant University, and specialises in Market Intelligence, Project Management and Sales. His startup portfolio includes PushCV, CerveApp and PiggyBank, which has helped customers save over N1b in less than two years of operations.
* ObanorChukwuwezam, co-founder, PrepClass, is one of Nigeria’s successful education preparation starts-ups. Forbes and CNN featured him, respectively, as one of the 30 most enterprising Africans under 30 and as a winner of the Anzisha Award for Africa’s youngest entrepreneurs. PrepClass offers targeted examination practice for students, and provides personal home tutoring services.
* Akin Oyebode, Executive Secretary of Lagos State Employment Trust Fund, is a trained Economist, with a passion for sustainable finance and youth unemployment. A former Research Assistant at the Lagos Business School, he worked at First City Monument Bank and Stanbic IBTC Bank. Akin heads LSETF which provides financial support for Lagos State residents, for job and wealth creation.
* Dr. Femi Kuti is co-founder and Director at RelianceHMO, a Y Combinator-funded startup that uses mobile technology, telemedicine and data science to increase access to health insurance. A medical doctor by training, Femi’s work spans clinical medicine, healthcare management and investment banking. Before starting RelianceHMO, he was a healthcare investment banking analyst at Goldman Sachs.
* BusayoLonge co-founded FormPlus where he is Product Lead. Busayo holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from University of Lagos and a Master’s in Engineering Technology and Business Management from University of Leeds. He is passionate about the role of data in business longevity and won the University of Leeds Business Awards in 2017 for his approach to solving business data problems using FormPlus, an online and offline, cloud-based data collection software. Launchedafter winning the Google App Developer Challenge for Sub-Saharan Africa, 50,000 businesses in over 80 countries use FormPlus.
The Intense Social Engineering event holds promise.